The Physical Education Program will introduce students to a variety of movement activities, skills and the knowledge necessary to promote lifetime fitness, social cooperation and a healthy well being.
SUMMARY OF NATIONAL PHYSICAL EDUCATION STANDARDS
1. Demonstrates competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical
2. Demonstrates understanding of movement concepts, principles, strategies, and tactics as they apply to the
learning and performance of physical activities.
3. Participates regularly in physical activity.
4. Achieves and maintains a health-enhancing level of physical fitness.
5. Exhibits responsible personal and social behavior that respects self and others in physical activity settings.
6. Values physical activity for health, enjoyment, challenge, self-expression, and/or social interaction
Physical Education Curriculum Guide
Curriculum Binders are available in all district schools and the SAU office.